Saturday, August 20, 2011

When Past meets Present

Many years ago, when my skin was tighter, my waist was smaller and I didn't have anyone else to worry about by myself... I knew a couple of brothers... from back in the "hood".  As I was living my dream of teaching and buying my first home and being the director of the camp that I grew up at, they were starting to realize their dream.  Those bright lights of Nashville started to get brighter and brighter, and as I heard them pickin their guitars, I knew that I was in the presence of something.  So their dad, who was with his brothers back in the day pickin at their guitars, and made a little name for themselves made some calls... Then one night in early 2001 they took the stage at the Oklahoma Opry.  It was very clear to anyone with ears... Oklahoma was not where they needed to be.  And to me, that this time was coming to an end.  God was going to open the next chapter in my life, so this one had to close.

Here we are 10 years later, I am no longer in OKLAHOMA... where I never thought I would leave. And neither are they.  They left in August of 2001 and started their journey.  I met my husband in 2002 and started my family and gave up my career in 2010 to allow him to pursue his in the US Air Force.  And who shall come through the town of Wichita Kansas... The Dirt Drifters.... Yes, they made it. It isn't just the brothers though.  About 4 or more years ago they met up with a very eclectic group of men and a special sound was born.  Deeper than Red Dirt Country... something all it's own.  And they are are on the radio with the single Something Better.  There is a video out as well.  In a world were money and sparkle are what catch peoples eyes, these guys are doing it with talent, passion and being real.  I hope anyone reading this blog goes to The Dirt Drifters and checks them out for yourself.... Then on to Itunes to download their latest album This Is My Blood with 10 original songs including their single Something Better and a guest appearance in I'll Shut Up Now with Willie Nelson. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and let keep getting the word out about them!!  Look for them to come to a city near you  and GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment